[NAFEX] Indian pine nuts.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar parmarch at vsnl.com
Sat Oct 30 01:00:32 EDT 2004

RE: Possible SPAM::Possible SPAM::[NAFEX] Pine tree NutsDear Nafexers,

There is also a very good pine nut, Pinus gerardiana, growing in the forests of the dry temperate Himalayan region of North West India, which adjoins Tibet.

I had given a presentation on some Indian wild nuts at the NNGA - NAFEX Annual Meeting in August at Columbia.  Nuts have not been the subject of my interest but I had collected this information at the request of Mr. Jerry Lehman.

I had also brought some 30 seeds which are with Mr. Lehman.

This pine nut, which we call CHILGOZA, tastes very good, at par, if not better than other pine nuts which I saw at Ciolumbia.

I have pictures of cones, trees and nuts.  If any member wants to know more about these, he may contact me for individual reply as pictures can noot be mailed on list mail.