[NAFEX] Pine tree Nuts

Lon Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Thu Oct 28 23:32:00 EDT 2004

The Italian Stone Pine is native to a Mediterranean climate, so would
do well in California.  I understand they can take 30 years to come
into bearing.  Sugar pines have seeds large enough to use, but the
trees aren't a backyard tree.   Actually, the seeds of many pines are
edible, it's largely a matter of size.  If they are too small to crack
and use easily, it may be more work than you want to put into them.
-Lon Rombough