[NAFEX] Board Respones!&Watercore?

Heron Breen breen at fedcoseeds.com
Thu Oct 28 23:14:57 EDT 2004

Thanks Prez,
Nice to know you're there. Well, Nafex is a lot of fun without all our schemes. I
wrote an a little review today of a good book and feel pretty good about sending it
to Pomona.

On another subject, I was eating a batch of an apple I am very familiar with, which
has a deep but not tart flavor. Many of them have slight watercore. The ones with
watercoring had a really good flavor, excentuating the already deep flavor, and
changing it to something vaguely familiar. Over a few days of munching, I realized
what I was tasting: gooseberries! The watercore fruit have a very strong gooseberry
flavor, like I was eating one of those Grapples (grape juice concentrate coated or
injected?). Just wondering if other fruits are enhanced by watercore? I seemed to
notice when I was younger that fruit with sawfly damage also had a very enhanced
flavor.
Another gorgeous day in Maine,
Heron