[NAFEX] Pine tree Nuts

Ray Kaminski rjkaminski at charter.net
Thu Oct 28 21:54:41 EDT 2004

    Am looking for some help to find a source of Pine Tree Nut trees.  Had
the chance to enjoy some nuts(imported) while on a visit to our family in
California this summer. They were very tasty.
Have started my son-in-law on vegetable gardening and 6 fruit trees, now
would like to expand to raising a couple of pine nut trees.
   The question I have as I live in Wisconsin, the shipping laws are
different for each state,  what are the restrictions for California?
   Where can you get nut trees that are for that zone?  Searching Google
there are some in Canada but could not find any other places.  Seems like
they are even grown in colder areas.
  Has anyone grown those anywhere on the West Coast?
   Would love to get him a couple for his upcoming birthday and let him
start and as they have a couple of young children, it would be a chance for
all to watch and learn.
   Any help would be greatly appreciated either on line or off
line.                   Regards-Ray
P.S.  Notice a lot of searching is done by the Nafex group, you might try
http://clusty.com/ .  It groups a lot of info for you and beats Google in
ease of finding items.