[NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 21, Issue 64

Mark_Bugaieski at rlicorp.com Mark_Bugaieski at rlicorp.com
Thu Oct 28 17:50:19 EDT 2004

Hi Deb,

I think I saw one other response on this and I agree with what was said.
I'm in the same zone as you and have had great success with fall plantings
(probably better than spring!).  I'd add that if you fertilize at time of
planting, I'd delay it until spring and also I think mulching is more
important in the fall to protect against frost heave and ameliorate the
temperature swings/extremes on the young and damaged roots.

Good luck!

Mark

Message: 5