[NAFEX] converted willingly

Heron Breen breen at fedcoseeds.com
Wed Oct 27 13:52:47 EDT 2004

because no one is paid for their articles, and everyone voluntarily contributes,
and all the articles are open forum already to members, speaking strictly of
Pomona, but this also applies for the list-serve, there are no legal recourse for
not having your comments and letters included. Do not write them if you are
concerned. As long as it is sold only within members, there are no problems. The
board which is the elected representative body of the membership, their voted
approval for the project clears all legal barriers for a non-member database or a
broader sale of cds. The legal issues are thankfully not complicated if folks
proceed within the governing structure of NAFEX. If folks want to make private CD
databases of Pomona, that is fine, but the sales of such would be most likely
illegal, and the editing and formatting oversight of the official body of NAFEX
would reduce its value in the Public Domain. The real challenge is getting broad
support from the membership and from the board.
Heron

On Wed Oct 27 11:19 , Claude Sweet <hortventures at cox.net> sent: