[NAFEX] Help me pick which fundraiser apples to buy

Pat Meadows pat at containerseeds.com
Fri Oct 22 12:22:24 EDT 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:11:39 -0500, you wrote:

>Lon,
>
>  I'd like to hear how the Lady Bugs populations are for different
>locations this year. So far there have been fewer moving in for the winter
>here than last year, which was a little too much company for a guy who
>lives in the country. That may not be the last word as I still see them in
>the orchard and the grapes though the fruit is almost gone now. The next
>warm, sunny day with calm winds will tell, but there won't be many more
>like that.

We haven't had any come in the house yet this year (in
northern Pennsylvania).

We have not (yet) had hordes of them, but have had maybe a
couple of hundred each autumn.  So far this year:  none.

Fingers crossed. :)  Maybe some natural enemy or disease is
getting hold of them, or maybe our wet, cool summer wasn't
to their liking.

Pat
--
Coming soon:  www.containerseeds.com - vegetable, herb,
and edible flower seeds especially selected for successful