[NAFEX] Ashmead's Kernel

baylands baylands at cros.net
Wed Oct 20 14:54:21 EDT 2004

Ginda, I agree with Derry. I love the Ashmead's taste and crispness. It is
slow to bear and seems to have light crops. Other russet apples that have
somewhat the same eating quality but bear heavier and sooner are Roxbury
Russet and Golden Russet. They have similar outside appearances as the
Ashmead's Kernel. Both are available from Miller Nursery in NY. I have had
good success with both. I still want to keep my two Ashmead's Kernels.

Ro Chapman
Port Clinton, Ohio     Zone 5