[NAFEX] INDIA

Heron Breen breen at fedcoseeds.com
Tue Oct 19 10:48:39 EDT 2004

I think that unless the publication will now include international articles or
contributors, there is no reason to print it overseas. This is the North American
Fruit Explorers. India can have its own publication. As we strive to support
homegrown flavors, we should support the homegrown economy.
But this still leaves NAFEX with the problem of needing to cut costs or raise
money  via some interesting idea, as I see the recent issue explained the
organizations reserves are depleting annually by $5000.
The idea put forth was to possibly gain rights to some cultivars and reap the
royalties. I wonder if there are any unique fruit discoveries that members would
be willing to gift propagation rights? What are other fundraising options? I
dislike cost-cutting when the costs are minimal.

On Tue Oct 19  9:18 , 'Gordon Nofs' <gc_nofs at hotmail.com> sent: