[NAFEX] Blackberry Question.......

Jim Fruth jfruth at uslink.net
Sun Oct 17 10:06:31 EDT 2004

   Has any zone 3 gardener tried 'Doyle's Thornless Blackberry'?  I'm
looking at a seller from Washington, Indiana; there is also a Texas company
that sells a similar, or identical, plant, both of of whom claim that their
plants are hardy and producing fruit in all 50 states.
   For those of you who haven't heard about this blackberry, it is purported
to produce several gallons of fruit per plant per season, is thornless and
doesn't sucker.  They cost $15.00 per plant.  I'd like to try some, wonder
if they'll survive here in Pequot Lakes, Minnesota and would appreciate
hearing from anyone who has trialed them and can verify the claims.
Thanks,
Jim Fruth
Pequot Lakes, MN