[NAFEX] Prickley Pear/Nopales

loneroc loneroc at mwt.net
Fri Oct 15 20:31:28 EDT 2004

Prickley pear (Opuntia macrorhyza sp?) is native to southwest Wisconsin.  I
found a thornless clone in a bank planter in Alma, Wisconsin a number of
years ago.  I'd be happy to send a pad or two to any one who is interested.
It does need dry conditions or it is subject to fungal infections.

Steve Herje, Lone Rock, WI USDA zone 3 (or 4 the last few years)