[NAFEX] home orchard problems

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sun Oct 3 00:20:22 EDT 2004

Contrary to what most people think, Liberty is NOT immune to scab.  It has
high resistance, but  it can get some scab under extreme conditions.  Also,
the type of resistance it has could be overcome if new strains of scab
arise.  The scab might not be as extensive as the older forms, but it would
be there.

Bob, thanks for the answers. I don't think that it was russet. I have a
number of russeted varieties and the russet usually appears spread evenly
over all or part of the apple. What appeared on the Liberty apples were
individual spots spread thickly (not evenly) over the apples. They were 1/8
to 1/4 inch diameter black spots.

Ro Chapman