[NAFEX] Re: Nut Wine

Doreen Howard gardendiva at charter.net
Sat Oct 2 20:35:16 EDT 2004

I didn't use black walnut hulls.  Jerry Lehman can tell you what variety walnut they were.  But, after reading further about making nut wine, I discovered that the walnut hulls may have been too old.  According to the French web site, green hulls should be young, and you should be able to pierce them easily with a needle or pin.  The ones I used were rigid, and I had to beat the crap out of them with a hammer to break up the hulls.
Doreen Howard