[NAFEX] persimmon flowers

Lon Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Fri Nov 12 10:19:13 EST 2004

If you graft a limb from a normally male tree, it will stay male.  It's
only the odd male limbs on female trees that revert when propagated.

On Nov 12, 2004, at 6:54 AM, Katherine Russell wrote:

If you have a female tree, and you graft some male to it, does the male
part "remember" its identity? Or does it pick up some cue from the tree
it is in and become female, or sterile, or perhaps not take at all?

This is of interest to me not only b/c there is a nice persimmon around
here I hope to raft or layer a piece of... but because I'm interested
in several other dioeceous plants and wondered if there's a way around
having multiple trees of each.

Best - KR