[NAFEX] Moderating the list.

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Sun Nov 7 08:27:04 EST 2004

Helllo,

Very sane, and I have seen similar rules in most email groups that do not
dissolve into chaos.

No one is condeming our moderator.  If the moderator does not have time to
enforce some rules of civility, and keeping the group focused, possibly
there is another NAFEX member who does have the time.  No one is asking
that the burden fall to someone without the time to do it.

I have seen older, larger, more established listserv groups destroyed by a
single individual who takes glee in their destructiveness.

I realize we have an open posting format, but when something really nasty
come across the forum we all can recognize it.  There is no harm in a
moderator warning and barring repeat offenders.

I know of one exellent moderator who not only warns and bans, but deletes
threads from the archives that are not appropriate to the forum's
archives.  Foolishness is not enshrined in the listserv archives forever.
He takes the position that a moderator has the job of moderation.

We can always do things better, does no harm to consider changes.

Later,
Tom