[NAFEX] Maine Blackberries

Volkening, Tom volkenin at mail.lib.msu.edu
Tue May 25 11:24:10 EDT 2004

There must be something about the Maine blackberries from John Bunker.  The ones I got from him were eaten back to the ground by some critters in the winter of 02/03 but shoots came back from the roots in most cases.  They did not bloom though.  This last winter some of them were eaten back to the ground again while some others were eaten back to about 10 inches tall.  I have the same question as Del about what actually grew back.

Tom Volkening -zone 5 near Lansing,MI