[NAFEX] Balmer or McKay Peach

mIEKAL aND dtv at mwt.net
Sat May 22 19:15:38 EDT 2004

These are the listings from the 1989 Fruit and Nut Inventory from Seed
Savers:

Balmer- Large, golden, freestone fruit with an unusually small pit.
Rich flavor. Exceptional quality.  Ripens in September.  Hardy much
farther north than most.  From a chance seedling discoved in Wisconsin.
  source: Henry Fields   (no longer in their listings)

McKay-  Very large, yellow and dark red fruit.  Orange, freestone flesh
with fine flavor.  Hardy; high quality.  Ripens from mid to late
August.  Discovered in the Balmer farm near Waterloo, Wisconsin.  For
years it was propagated in Faribault, Minnesota as the only proven
hardy peach for the area.  source: Southernmeadow Fruit Gardens   (no
longer in their listings)

One comment.  Waterloo WI is southcentral WI & Id call that 4b-5a ...

Doreen, Im definitely interested in some pits, put me on the list...

mIEKAL