[NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 16, Issue 26

Mark_Bugaieski at rlicorp.com Mark_Bugaieski at rlicorp.com
Wed May 19 16:57:49 EDT 2004

On trees, for taller tubes, I used to slit them open near the bottom and
prop the opening open in late summer.  I've since switched to 24 inch tubes
that don't require this.

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 17:13:00 -0600
From: "Rodney Eveland" <reveland at collinscom.net>
Subject: [NAFEX] Are Grow Tubes okay to use where it gets cold?
To: <nafex at lists.ibiblio.org>

I have come across websites that state Grow Tubes could cause a plant
not to harden off enough to survive it's first Winter. Has anyone in
the Northern States used Grow tubes and had good survival rate for
their grapes first Winter? I have six new Grapes and six 29" long Snap
n Grow tubes that I'm itching to put around the new vines.

Rodney in zone 4