[NAFEX] early blooming pluot

Mark Lee markl at nytec.com
Tue May 18 11:45:47 EDT 2004

I have a pluot tree that is the first fruit tree to bloom in my garden
each year.  There are not many bugs out to help with pollination when it
is in bloom.  Early blooming has meant no fruit for so many seasons that
I was going to yank out the tree this past winter.  I never did get
around to taking out this tree.  I see a number of pluot fruits are
hanging on the branches now.  Amazing!  It is almost as if the tree knew
it would be cut down if it didn't produce something this year.  It
didn't hurt that it was drier than normal at bloomtime, but I like to
imagine that the tree is playing games with me.

-Mark Lee, Seattle