[NAFEX] Chui-Lum Tao or Tzim Pee Tao Peach?

mIEKAL aND dtv at mwt.net
Mon May 17 22:10:34 EDT 2004

Anyone know where to get seedlings of Chui-Lum Tao or Tzim Pee Tao
Peach in the US.  Im finding a few nurseries in Canada but havent
located any stateside.

"Chui Lum Tao (CLT) Very cold hardy, moderately vigourous, are easy to
stratify and give consistent high germination percentage. As nursery
seedlings, they are quite uniform in height, stem diameter and growth
habit being similar in vigour to Bailey. Seedlings are much more
resistant to powdery mildew than Bailey. CLT tends to have a shorter
budding season than Bailey. Root systems are more vigourous and are
hardier than those of Bailey."

"Tzim Pee Tao (TPT) A very cold hardy, moderately vigourous rootstock
that is easy to stratify and gives consistent high germination
percentage. As nursery seedlings, they are quite uniform in height,
stem diameter and growth habit being similar in vigour to Bailey.
Seedlings are much more resistant to powdery mildew than Bailey. TPT
tends to have a shorter budding season than Bailey. Root systems are
more vigourous and are hardier than those of Bailey. "

Also I've been trying to find more about the origins of Siberian C
Peach & this is all I've found so far.  I wonder if one can find out
were it was collected via the net or if that kind of info is the
province of agricultural databases that aren't public:

"Siberian C This cold hardy seedling rootstock was released in 1965
from the AAFC, Harrow, Ontario. Siberian C pits frequently do not
germinate readily and have proven to be particularly sensitive to
nematodes. It is currently not recommended in Ontario. "

Quotes from:
http://www.gov.on.ca/OMAFRA/english/crops/facts/02-033.htm

mIEKAL

I cold statified all my Siberian C pits in the first weeks of Oct 03.
By the time I checked on them April 15th or so most of the pits were
germinated & a lot of growing tips were already turning brown.  They
really shoulda came out of the fridge after 120 days.   Same with
Nanking cherry pits.