[NAFEX] currant seedlings

Ribes60 at aol.com Ribes60 at aol.com
Sun May 16 23:59:09 EDT 2004

There are some years that I find thousands of seedling currants, both red and
black. This is a year that there are very many. I usually put a large amount
of leaves at the base of the plants, so there are no seedlings.

Most of the seedlings will be very similar to the parent plant as they would
most likely be pollinated there but .... who knows. If you get a good
producing red with very small soft seeds I would like to try it.

Ed Mashburn

In Central PA where the currants aregetting larger every day and the
gooseberries are very scarce.