[NAFEX] Re: Skunks good or skunks bad?

longdistshtr longdistshtr at shtc.net
Tue May 11 22:20:02 EDT 2004

I have a skunk, raccoon, beaver, small dog and cat size trap which I got off
the internet for about $80 which is handy to displace problem animals.  It
is worth every cent.  I bait it with cheap canned cat food.  I just move
them over the river where there is more wilderness.  Seems like the humane
and natural thing to do.  There are not enough dogs and cats to cause a pet
catching problem but a neighbor of mine caught fifty-six raccoons last year.
One or two of them ruined about a bushel of my big teacup size figs one
night.  Nashi (Asian Pears) become so laden with fruit that the limbs are
easily broken so I have to avoid tempting raccoons to climb the trees.
Polecats( skunks) haven't been a problem in the garden or orchard for me.
Seems like we have an understanding like George Costanza and the pigeons in
New York (Seinfeld TV Program).
Whenever one sprays, the scent lasts for weeks or months but it helps cover
the scent of turkey manure which is spread by farmers on their soybean
fields.
Doc Lisenby