[NAFEX] Re:hawthorn snack from Japan (hector black)

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Thu May 6 16:22:47 EDT 2004

At 01:29 PM 5/6/2004 -0500, Hal wrote:
>Hector, thanks for the info on the Chinese hawthorn. I live near Nashville
>and was considering planting some hawthorn this fall, so I suspect I would
>have similar disease issues to consider. Have you had rust problems (or
>other problems) with your Mayhaws?

Hal,
I've got several young mayhaw varieties that have been grafted & growing
here for 3 years or so.  No evidence of rust yet.  I don't notice any on
the native cockspur hawthorns around the area, but Washington/Winter King
in town are pretty heavily affected on a regular basis.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY