[NAFEX] bad grafts and consequences

Lisa Almarode lisaalmarode at yahoo.com
Wed May 5 16:10:45 EDT 2004

These are young, bench grafted; and veneer grafts,
done in a fit of frustration with whip and tongue
with my crummy old knife.  It's late spring here;
everything bloomed in March, and the Liberty apples
are now the size of a nickel.

The (whip and tongue) bench grafts done two or three
weeks after the apples in question have an inch of
growth now.

I am amazed at the determination of these scions;
though they are macintosh and pink pearl - my (new
englander) Dad's favorite apple is the macintosh,
but I don't expect to be very good around here.