[NAFEX] hawthorn snack from Japan

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Wed May 5 14:34:54 EDT 2004

At 11:20 AM 5/5/2004 -0700, Mark wrote:

>What do you get when you get when you mix a fruit sauce made of hawthorn
>pulp and sugar with peach juice, and then squeeze the slurry into wafers?

Mark,
Several years back, Donna Hudson sent me some dried Chinese hawthorn wafers
- these may be readily available in Oriental groceries - I don't know - not
even sure if we have one in town here, but I'll bet there are some just
down the road around Ft. Campbell, as there's a sizeable Asian population
there.  Anyway, the hawthorn wafers/leather were pretty tasty - sort of
reminded me of dried C.mas pulp in both aroma and flavor.

Lucky