[NAFEX] Three insects on a plum tree

Lisa Almarode lisaalmarode at yahoo.com
Wed May 5 11:54:47 EDT 2004

One of the best things about Oregon is I have yet to
see a <shudder> japanese beetle.  Earwigs are bad but
at least they are mostly just out at night.

I managed to take pictures - learned that it's almost
impossible to photograph a bug on a tree; but if I
shake the tree the bugs fall off.  If no one knows, or
can point me to a site, I'll write to Prof. Lang.
  http://www.fwfarm.com/redblackbug2.jpg
    about 1/2"-3/4" long, the entire body is fire
    engine red (I had the color pattern backwards)
  http://www.fwfarm.com/waspybug2.jpg
    maybe 2" long including spike

This is one popular plum tree - got some ladybugs too.
Even a non-spotted ladybug, plain red.

=====
Lisa in Ashland Oregon
USDA Z7 - Sunset Z7 - 1800' - 19" annual rainfall