[NAFEX] Three insects on a plum tree

Lisa Almarode lisaalmarode at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 20:16:00 EDT 2004

I have plum leaf curl aphids (insect A).  Okay, I know

what they are, not the end of the world. Now, I am
seeing flying beetles landing on the leaves - call
them insect B - about 1/2" long, narrow black bodies,
snazzy red wings.  I also saw a couple of skinny
waspy-looking insects (insect C) with spikes on the
end, on this poor tree.

Insect B looks like a pest, and insect C looks like a
predator, but how can I find out? Any good sites?
They aren't in my bug books and I don't see them in
20 minutes internet searching (seem unlikely to be a
soybean leaf miner or a grain beetle)

=====
Lisa in Ashland Oregon
USDA Z7 - Sunset Z7 - 1800' - 19" annual rainfall