[NAFEX] Cicadas, eating thereof

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sat May 1 22:03:31 EDT 2004

Guinea fowl can escape easily, but you may get in trouble with anti-noise
ordinances - they scream like banshees.  Only thing worse is peacocks.

I like very much having two chickens here in our suburban yard.
Problem was, the only neighborhood dog who roams free [in violation of
our town's leash law] apparantly figured out how to overcome the
chicken's natural evasive talents and took the both down, as both birds
were found dead in the dog's yard.

I've heard a rumor geese can drive away full grown german shepherds, I
wonder, are there any other fowl known to be able to evade or hold their
own against dogs?

Charlie Paradise
zone 5 / Massachusetts