[NAFEX] Mycorrizee

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Tue Mar 30 09:07:32 EST 2004

Hello all,

This isn't a commercial, or at least I don't consider it such as this isn't
being done for profit.

Recently we had a discussion of mycorrhizal fungi for trees and the possible
benefits. These fungi will not live long w/o the host with which they have
their symbiotic relationship, in other words these tree fungi don't normally live
in a compost pile. If planting trees in an area void of trees it is very
unlikely active spores remain.

Inoculants can be purchased but are quite expensive. One is made by Plant
Health Care in Pittsburgh, PA. This product is trade named MycorTree Root Dip.
For detailed info go to WWW.planthealthcare.com. It is sold in 10 pack packages
and runs about $9.80 per bag with freight. I have purchased 10 bags of
inoculant and sharing it with others for basically cost. Of the 10 bags 3 are still
available.  If interested please contact me off line.

Jerry Lehman