[NAFEX] Algae problem in greenhouse water.

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Mon Mar 29 11:28:52 EST 2004

Hi Jim,

My watering system isn't elaborate like yours, just collecting rain water in
a 30 gallon drum then watering by hand, but the algae bloom was a problem.
Cured it by simply adding about a half cup (not critical) of chlorine (Clorox
bleach) to the water every time the plastic drum is filled. If adding smaller
amounts of water maybe a teaspoon per 5 gallon bucket. Problem cured. Some plant
fertilizers contain chlorine and to my knowledge I've never damaged any of my
plants. If too weak and a bloom develops dump in more Clorox, about one dulap.

Jerry