[NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 14, Issue 89

loneroc loneroc at mwt.net
Sun Mar 28 20:58:05 EST 2004

You don't move the knife toward your thumb.  They are motionless in relation to each other.  You draw them along the rootstock/scion with the thumb sliding along the underside as the knife bites downward through the material from the top side.  You hold the scion with the left hand beyond the point of the cut.  The scion remains motionless as you pull your (hopefully) near rigid hand toward you.  I'd suggest stopping before you reach your kidneys, though.

Steve Herje, Lone Rock, WI