[NAFEX] Splitting of Postharvest Gooseberries

William A. Grimes wagrimes at sonic.net
Fri Mar 26 15:46:53 EST 2004

Does anyone have any information about the cause or causes of gooseberry
fruit splitting between sorting and canning? I realize this might not be
the correct venue for this question, but I am passing on a query that I got
from a  technician in a canning plant in Zimbabwe. I couldn't find anything
on the Internet and what information we in CRFG have is aimed at the home
gardener and not the commercial canner. Nor did I find anything on the
usual postharvest sites.

Bill Grimes
CRFG