[NAFEX] stonefruit grafting

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Mon Mar 22 13:49:14 EST 2004

Best results I've had with stonefruit were to cut off the limbs and do bark
grafts into the cut ends.  Timing was all important in that I always wait
until the stock is leafed out and very active so the grafts heal quickly.
-Lon Rombough

This is the 8th year I have somehow managed to not prepare to topwork my
manchurian apricot rootstocks. I have about 30 1"to 2" caliper.

Could I get an opinion from the experienced grafters on the best way to
propagate stonefruits.
I have not had much success with summer budding and in addition it seems
that budwood is much harder to get for me. My attempts at whip grafts and
cleft grafts on stonefruits have been pretty poor also.

Does anyone still have scionwood available for sale?

thanks in advance
Bob Sorenson