[NAFEX] Pot size?

Kristina & Bruce herenorthere at lycos.com
Thu Mar 18 19:57:32 EST 2004

I've heard some growers keep figs in relatively small pots with lots of drainage holes.  A pot is "planted" in the spring and the roots escape through the holes and colonize the surrounding soil.  After the tree goes dormant in the fall, the pot is excavated and all those stray roots are amputated.

I haven't tried it, but the idea has some appeal.  Especially when I see how much larger those fig pots in my garage have grown since year.
Bruce Wittchen
1/2 mile outside Hartford, CT