[NAFEX] MANGOSTEEN: The Forbidden Fruit

William A. Grimes wagrimes at sonic.net
Wed Mar 17 00:28:11 EST 2004

At 01:24 PM 3/16/2004, Sam wrote:
>Here's another example of tropical fruit now being touted for its
>health-giving qualities. It really makes one wonder who to believe.  I
>thought some of you would be interested. -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn.
>(USDA Zone 4b)
>
>MANGOSTEEN: The Forbidden Fruit
>Emediawire (press release) - USA
>...For centuries, the natives of the Philippines, Thailand, Cambodia and
>other countries have used the Mangosteen Fruit to maintain and restore
>their health....
><http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2004/3/emw111360.htm>

I don't care if it has no health benefits - it tastes indescribably good
and is so wonderful. I finally tasted a few while in South India a couple
of years ago and finally understand what all the fuss is about. :-) Too bad
that it is so tropical that we don't grow it here.

Bill Grimes
CRFG
San Francisco