[NAFEX] Doc Farwell's Seal and Heal

derry&bill wchase at interchange.ubc.ca
Tue Mar 16 19:18:47 EST 2004

I agree with Lon.

I haven't ever used wax! I have used Doc Farwell's Seal and Heal (grey)
elastic brush on coating for tree protection for 14 years without any
problems. Manufactured by farwell Products, Wenatchee, WA.

I do not wax my scions before storing. I do not even put a damp paper towel
in with the scions.

Here in PNWwe can cut our scionwood in late January/Feb and graft in March
so the wood is not stored for long.

I do store them in my cooler.

Derry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill Chase & Derry Walsh
Aldergrove, B.C., Canada
phone/fax (604) 856-9316
www.interchange.ubc.ca/wchase/HTML

>    Can someone explain what, if any, advantage there is to using wax
> grafting compounds that have to be heated?  I've been using Doc Farwell's
> latex compound for many years and for me it's so much better than anything
> else, I can't see the point of having to heat wax.  >

-Lon Rombough