nafex at mokalive.com
Sat Mar 13 23:28:57 EST 2004
Thanks all for you input on raising melons! Wow!!
Our results over the last few years would rate fair so this year we are
going to include these changes.
1) Buy a few more varieties. :-D
2) Heat soil.
3) Inoculate seeds/soil.
4) Increase organic material in soil and mulch heavy once soil is
5) Add lime because our soil is very sour at 5.7.
6) Plant Silver leaf Sunflowers
7) Water moderately through June.
8) Experiment with the borax solution.
9) Encourage drought like conditions as harvest nears.
Rondi <-- off to seeds of change and bio ornganics
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Lon J. Rombough [mailto:lonrom at hevanet.com]
> Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 10:26 AM
> To: North American Fruit Explorers
> Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Melons
> I believe Seeds of Change is offering it.
> -Lon Rombough
More information about the nafex