[NAFEX] Splice grafting, knifes & more.

del stubbs pinewoodel at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 08:30:22 EST 2004

>Size is important. Pencil size or larger. Yes, smaller wood can also
>callous,
>but again why use smaller wood that reduces the chances of success
>percentage? Jerry Lehman

I have occasionaly been faced with no choice but tiny scion wood, a cherry
plum for instance. Your interesting comment on callusing from top down makes
me wonder 'if the dessication problem in tiny scionwood could be solved by
dipping a 6" scion in hot parrifin? or wet rag? or?' then maybe one could
gain more stored energy by extra long length? . I have yet to solve how to
graft with 1/16" scionwood well. A lovely 0'F this am. Del

Del Stubbs  http://www.pinewoodforge.com  ag zone2/3