[NAFEX] Burr Knots

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 9 10:38:43 EST 2004

I had Bud.118 rootstocks growing roots under foil which I'd employed as
rodent protection.  The problem came from leaving the foil on, thru the
growing season, and the trunks were more moist than they should have been.
Roots grew mostly from the graft area.

I haven't worked with M9, sorry, but I believe modified tissue growths occur
when the area on the plant is kept both dark and moist.

tc, s.WI