[NAFEX] mycorrhizal fungi

Rodney Eveland reveland at collinscom.net
Thu Mar 4 22:36:40 EST 2004

This website http://www.treehelp.com/shopping/mycorrhizae.asp
seems to have a different mycorrhizal fungi for every
different tree. I also found a website which listed them
for  lots of different garden plants such as melons which
already has a thread going on these fungi.  My question
is "are these really all different and specific for each variety
of plant listed or do they really just sell the same fungi with
a different label on it"?

A little more searching makes this fungi appear to help a huge variety
of plants in such things as competing against weeds, finding water,
nutrients, etc. I am now wondering if this fungi can help make plants
hardier by giving so much help. Also is this fungi overrated,
overhyped, etc.?