[NAFEX] The squirrel pressure is just too intense.

list at ginda.us list at ginda.us
Fri Jul 2 14:17:32 EDT 2004

How natural do you want the controls to be?  One of my housecats takes
squirrels from time to time.  I've only seen two dead squirrels, and
scores of dead chipmunks, but he does discourage them from foraging
when he's outside.  Some types of small dogs are probably even better.

A couple of years ago we had a red shouldered hawk couple in the
neighborhood, and the squirrels were must more circumspect that year.
I bet any large hawk would help, not just the red tails.  A tall pole
is probably a good idea.  A dead tree is even better - they don't seem
to like points as much as high branches.

Ginda