[NAFEX] "poor soil"

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 28 14:03:35 EDT 2004

I've been sending posts about observations on how plants grow in my poor
soil which effectively turns my z5 area into a z4 microclimate.  After this
year of uncommonly regular and ample rainfall, I have to admit my soil ain't
so bad.  It's sandy loam/ loamy sand, but with enough rainfall it can
produce 6' tall catnip plants!  Similar growth on other weeds, and
occasionally on desireable plants.  My limiting factor is moisture, not
nutrients.

tc