[NAFEX] cold hardy Passiflora

Mark Lee markl at nytec.com
Thu Aug 26 16:41:07 EDT 2004

Maypop (Passiflora incarnata) is a cold hardy relative of the tropical
passionfruit (Passiflora edulis).  I have seen maypop growing around
town, although it is not native here.  Is anyone aware of any attempts
to crossbreed these two species?  I found reference to Passiflora x.
colvilli which is supposedly a hybrid of maypop and a tropical
passionfruit, but I have been unable to dig up any sources for this
plant.  On a related note, is there anyone that has access to both
species that would be interested in trying this cross?

-Mark Lee, Seattle, zone 8a