[NAFEX] Applecrab rating

loneroc loneroc at mwt.net
Tue Aug 24 06:21:25 EDT 2004

Mark,

Normally I'm not at a loss to describe flavour.  However in this case,  my
Trailman bore a dozen or so fruits last year an none this year due to frost.
I'm afraid I can remember exactly what the flavour was.

I do remember sacrificing fruits starting when Centennial was starting to
ripen and saying to myself that Trailman was nothing special.  I tasted them
until after Centennial had gone soft, and several weeks later, noticing a
couple Trailmans still on the tree. I tasted one and remember being greatly
surprised by the improvement shown, as was the "tourist" tasting through the
yard with me.  The only thing I  filed away in the memory banks was, "Wow,
that's sure a lot better, and kinda unusual, too".

Sorry.  I'll make better mental notes next year.

Steve Herje, Lone Rock, WI