[NAFEX] Dr. Parmar

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Sun Aug 22 09:12:05 EDT 2004

Hello everyone,

As many of you know Dr. Parmar has been a member of NAFEX and written many
articles in Pomona for many years. He is still in this country and is Barbara's
and my house guest today and Monday when he will begin his journey home
through Miami.

After he returns home he will write a short description of the Himalayan
fruits he spoke of and had slides of at the annual meeting in Columbia. If any of
you have a question for him you can e/m it to me. He departs here early
Tuesday morning.

In the mean time he has brought copies of a 100 page soft cover book of which
here is the table of contents and page number to convey the length of each.

CONTENTS

Aegle marmelos Correa 1
Aesculus indica Colebr. 6
Berberis aristata DC.. 10
Cari ssa spina rum Linn  15
Cordia obliqua Willd. 19
E/aeagnus umbel/ata Thunb 23
Emblica officinalis Gaertn  26
Ficus palmata Forsk. 31
Ficus roxburghii Wall. 35
Flacourtia sapida Roxb. 38
Fragaria indica Andr. 42
Murraya koenigii (L.) Spreng. 45
Myrica nagi Thunb. 49
Opuntia dil/enii Haw. 54
Phoenix sylvestrisRoxb. 58
Physalis minima Linn. 62
Prunus armeniaca Linn. 66
Prunus persica Batsch. 70
Punica granatum Linn. 74
Pyrus pashia Buch. & Ham. 78
Pyrus serotina Rehd. 81
Rubus ellipticus Smith 84
Rubus niveus Thunb.   88
Vitis himalyana Br. 92

This book is available for $20 which includes postage to within the US and
will be shipped from here (Indiana). I'll need to know if any of you want one
that I can hold them here until I receiver payment after which I'll ship. Please
make the check out to myself,

Jerry Lehman.