[NAFEX] successful bud grafts

list at ginda.us list at ginda.us
Tue Aug 17 23:08:47 EDT 2004

On Aug 17, 2004, at 10:55 PM, Bob Hartman wrote:
. . .
>> * I let the buds dry out in transit. Don't think that's a problem.
>> They
>> went straight from cutting to my mouth, and were taken out only when
>> ready to be inserted.
>
> Why put them in your mouth?  I never cut the bud until I am ready to
> insert it.  From the time I cut it off the bud stick until it is in
> place is
> about 3 to 5 seconds.

I had the same question.  You mouth is full of bacteria, viruses,
mammalian growth factors, enzymes that break down plant material, and
who knows what else.  I would try not to touch the cut surface with
either my fingers or my mouth if possible.  But I've never done bud
grafting, so maybe that's not an issue.

Ginda