[NAFEX] Field Day notes

Mark Lee markl at nytec.com
Mon Aug 16 14:19:39 EDT 2004

I tasted some great fruit this past weekend at the Washington State
University field day in Mt Vernon, Washington.  Three varieties of note:

1.  Arkcharm Apple - an early red apple bred at the University of
Arkansas.  Good flavor, texture and color for an early apple.

2.  Vanette Plum - good sweet European-type plum with the unusual habit
of hanging on the tree, even when overripe.

3.  Wesley Plum - very sweet apricot that does well in Western
Washington.  See my previous posting on this variety.

-Mark Lee, Seattle