[NAFEX] successful bud grafts

Megrette Hammond megdanh at comcast.net
Mon Aug 16 07:49:12 EDT 2004

I chip grafted apples last week.  What are NAFEXer's recommendations for length of time to leave the budding tape on?  Assuming the tape is removed at the recommended time and that the buds  pass the fingernail nick test, should they show growth this year or not till next spring?  Thanks.

                                    Dan Hammond