[NAFEX] dehydrating black currants

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Sat Aug 14 15:09:57 EDT 2004

Hi Del,

Freeze them!  I put them in old margarine containers and just freeze them.

If you want them frozen loose, just put waxed paper on a cookie sheet.
Spread a layer of currants over the waxed paper, place in the freezer
(level) and freeze berries solid.  Put the indiviual frozen berries into
containers or bags, they will not clump.

I use the same technique with sliced green peppers too.

Just put them in a large zip lock bag, and you can pull out a loose
handful, whenever you want them.

Later,
Tom