[NAFEX] dehydrating black currants

del stubbs pinewoodel at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 14 14:49:57 EDT 2004

Mostly what I found regarding drying currants in a Google search was
inumerable references to Corinthian Grapes........
Questions :
Would leaving the currants on the raceme help or hinder drying?
Is a dehydrator necessary?
How palatable are black currants be dehydrated?
Some small fruits are soaked in some sweetening agent before drying (as
dried cranberries obviously are) : important with currants?

I thought they might be great over cereal this winter, and wondered if
somebody has already tried this.
Thanks, Del

Del Stubbs  http://www.pinewoodforge.com  ag zone2/3